photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Sunday 19 September 2010

Lou's Reviews :: Topshop Lipstick and Glitter

Aloha Bloggerinos,

Another 'Lou's Reviews' for you, you lucky duckies! A couple of weeks ago Matt and I were in Birmingham at the Bullring and I got a little bit over excited in Topshop. I was hoping to find some nice maternity outfits in there but alas, none of it was my style really.

I have obviously read a tonne of reviews on the Topshop cosmetics range and must say, it never really seemed to float my boat too much. That day for some reason though, I thought "Well let's see what all the hype is about" and picked up two items. I would have bought some pretty feathery eyelashes too if all the boxes hadn't been so battered and rubbish (I hate cruddy packaging. Bleaugh.)

I bought a Lipstick Pencil in 'Vintage' for £7 and and a pot of Glitter in 'Gilt' for £6. Please do excuse the poopy lighting of my snaps today, it was really rainy but the lamp looked weird blah blah blah.

Here we have the gliiittttteerrrrr. It reminded me of a MAC Glitter pot I bought about a year ago from one of their limited edition collections, there was also a cadbury purple one which I sorely regret not buying. 25 brownie points for the Bloggerino who can name the LE collection!


I liked the colour of this glitter and it seems fairly well milled. Not at fine as MAC but for half the price I shan't complain. I plan on using this lots and lots over the Autumn/Winter season on my nails, mixed with moisturiser on my arms (I'm a sucker for sparkle) and on my eyelids. I thought about adding some to lipglosses but the jury is still out on that one.


So far, so good on the Gilt Glitter. Well done Topshop, bring out more colours asap!

The second item on the agenda is the chubby lipstick pencil in 'Vintage'. In the shop light I thought this was a lovely bright candy pink, but when I took it home, it seemed to be more of a frosty pale pink. Gutted.


I can't say I'm overly enamoured with the packaging of this, black with gold writing, in my opinion, would have looked swanky. I like the end of the pencil is a close match to the nib, love a bit of help when it's all muddled in my lipstick box.

I do enjoy the chubby nib, makes a change from the usual bullet shape and they say 'change is as good as a holiday', don't they?
Pop your shades on for that brriigghhtt shot! Yowzas! Nibby nib nib. Chunky chunk.


This lipstick has great pigment and lasting power is reasonable but I felt that I needed an overdose of lipbalm afterwards to combat the drying effect.

Overall- Meh.

Does anyone have a mad love for these lipsticks? I can't get to grips with it at all!

Toodlepip!

xx

10 comments:

  1. Oooo I was looking at this pink glitter the other day but am scared as to what to do with it lol scared it's gonna go everywhere!becky xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and glittery? I want!
    I keep passing by the TopShop makeup range but im super tempted to get something now aha xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.. I don't know about that lipstick, but I would love that glitter!

    Confessions of a Beautyholic

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i came across these glitters in top shop but i was unsure if i should get it or not i have so many glitters that i never use lol good review though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i actually think the lipstick looks like a lovely colour! haven't tried any of Topshops makeup - for some reason i have this block when it comes to buying makeup from a clothes shop - almost like it wouldn't be 'real' or any good cos it's not a proper make up brand hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh pretty pink glitter. So lovely. For some reason, it always gets in my eye when I put it on my eyelid. Please feel to share tips on how you wear it so well!


    tacosandfreecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really nice to read content of this blog.If you are looking for new ways to advertise your blog, it is important to stay in touch with the latest updates from the search engines. for more details Contact with us mote modellering instagram tilhenger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg